Saturday, September 15-Sunday, September 16
Event Type: Festival
5th Annual Garlic Festival at Olde Mistick Village
Olde Mistick Village
Event Phone: 860 912 7844 or 860 536 4941
Event Email: email@example.com
Event Website: http://www.OldeMistickVillage.com
On Saturday and Sunday, September 15th and 16th, Olde Mistick Village will host its Fifth Annual Garlic Festival. Hours for this event will be 11am to 7pm on Saturday and 11am to 6pm on Sunday.
To celebrate the fall harvest, many local farmers will have a variety of Garlic for sale as well as fresh produce. Farmers will also have honey, jams, preserves and syrups. Throughout the day and evening, dozens of local restaurants and food service establishments will be offering free tastes, or serving for purchase, delicious garlic related foods. A host of merchants, artisans, authors and artists will line the pathways of Olde Mistick Village displaying their foods, crafts, gifts, and talents. Along with over sixty vendors, many of the forty Olde Mistick Village merchants will be offering garlic related activities or products at their stores. Check below for special offerings in Village shops on the 15th and 16th!
There will be cooking demonstrations and enjoyable family entertainment. Activities will include The Pequotsepos Nature Center’s “Birds of Prey” program and My Dogs Place “Obedience and Training” show. Many favorite local bands and musicians will play throughout the weekend. Bands include: The Karl Kelly Band, The Munsell Brothers, Chris Lee, Chris McKay and The Tone Shifters, Brian Merritt Trio, Marci Kelly Trio, A 2 Z, Time Between Us, Ron Drago, James Harris, Ben Friert, Gary Everett and Friends, and Craig Edwards - American Roots Music.
For a complete listing of entertainment events and times, Click Here
Participating restaurants, farmers, artisans and vendors include:
- Beachside Catering/Grossman’s Seafood,
- Chubby’s Place,
- Gourmet Galley,
- Harp & Dragon of Norwich,
- Johnny’s Peeking Tokyo
- Laluna Ristorante,
- Munchies Food Truck,
- Mystic Food ‘n More,
- Mystic Lions Club,
- North end Deli,
- Snax Dragon Tacos,
- The Pizza Grille of Mystic,
- The Portugese Fisherman,
- UConn Alumni Association,
- Voodoo Grill
- Calvin and Dad Books,
- Can’t Beet It,
- Chet’s Italian Ice,
- Christine Cody Books,
- Creative Fun Faces – face painting,
- Dougalart/Caracatures & Illistrations,
- Frances Gilbert Books,
- Glass by Carol,
- Lighthouse Bakery,
- Liz McGee Designs,
- My Turn Wood Turning,
- Oak Leaf Dairy - goat milk soap,
- Pottery Wheel,
- Saratoga Crackers/Little Bakery in the Grove
- Sew Cool,
- Slate Expectations,
- Tastefully Simply/The Pampered Chef,
- Wedgwood Flowers,
- Wood Creations,
- Zest Fresh Pastry
Denison Market Vendors:
- 18th Century Purity Farms,
- Darn Good Pickles,
- Davis Farm,
- Denison Homestead,
- Groton Family Farm,
- North Stonington Congregational Church,
- Periwinkle Design,
- Stonyledge Farm,
- Stonewall Apiary,
- Studio Farm Products
- Sunday Farms,
- Sweet Country Roads
- Breads ‘n Cookies,
- Meriano’s Bake Shop,
- Paul-n-Dina Gardens
- Anthony’s Farm,
- Farm on Fowler,
- Hidden Brook Gardens,
- Hop Top Organic Tillage,
- Turkeywoods Farm,
- Starry Night Farms,
- Sugar Maple Farms,
This fun family event is free and open to the public.
Garlic Festival at Olde Mistick Village is sponsored by Olde Mistick Village Merchants Association, WBMW Radio, Cox Media, Mystic River Press, Mango's Wood Fired Pizza Co., Gray Goose Cookery, Liberty Bank and Franklin's General Store,.
Garlic Festival 2012 DAY OF Special Merchant Offers on Saturday and Sunday, September 15th and 16th!
- Bldg. 4c. Franklin’s General Store: Indulge in FREE tastes of Franklin’s own custom made Products. Sweet and Hot Pickled Garlic, Roasted Garlic salsa, Roasted Garlic Salad Dressing, and Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce. Our “Oh My Garlic’ line of seasonings will brighten up any meal and our Marinated Garlic Mushrooms and Garlic Stuffed Olives are over the top! Elena’s Garlic & Rosemary Olive Oil Pasta Sauce is out of this world over pasta or roast chicken. We are also FREE tasting a full line of sensational Halladay’s Dip Mixes, including Garlic Chipotle, Spicy Garlic Dill, Garlic Tomato Basil, and Roasted Garlic Dipping Oil. Look for our display’s that are outside in front of our store! For your adventurous side, get a FREE taste of our Garlic Fudge! Made with fresh garlic cloves and butter, this special flavor is like having dinner and dessert all in one bite!
- Bldg 6. Mango's Wood Fired Pizza Co.: Along with our regular delicious fare we will have Garlic Cheese Bread, Garlic White Specialty Pizza’s, and Garlic Love Salad. Special treat - Our Frozen Lemonade cart will on our porch all weekend!
- Bldg 7b. The Beanery: Serving a special Garlic Butter and Garlic Cream Cheese on our fresh bagels. FREE samples of our Pumpkin Spice Coffee, and as always, the best all-natural Frozen Lemonade and Mochaccinos in Mystic!
- Bldg 12c. Southern Exposure: Bring in our ad from the Garlic Festival Brochure and receive 10% off your choice of any regularly priced footwear. Cowboy Boots from Lucchese, Justin, Ariat and Old Gringo, Clogs, Slides and Minnetonka Moccasins and Slippers.
- Bldg 12d. Bleu Squid Bakery and Cheese Shop: Special for this tasty weekend we will have Garlic-Potato Soup, Garlic Grilled Cheese Sandwich Special, Roasted Garlic Foccacia Pizza, Garlic & Cheddar Breads, Roasted Garlic and Red Pepper Cheese spread, and best of all mini Garlic Cupcakes with Ginger Butter cream! Yum..Yum!
- Bldg 13. Vegetable Ivory: FREE necklaces for the kids!
- Bldg 15e. Gray Goose Too!: Garlic dips, crackers to go with favorite drinks, including Garlic Stuffed Olives for Martinis.
- Bldg 15d. Extra Virgin: Extra Virgin is proud to offer a limited selection, special craft batch Olive Oils of the following 4 flavors: Fresh Silver Rose Garlic, Lemon Purple Garlic, Roma Tomato Garlic, and Garlicky Herb. Each variety of these flavors has been limited to 360 bottles, and when they’re gone, they’re gone! So, pick-up your commemorative 4 pack today and enjoy!
- Bldg 19a. The Gray Goose Cookery: All the tools to make terrific meals with garlic. Visit our kitchen and experience some of our many award winning garlic products by Stonewall Kitchen, Robert Rothchild, Garlic Survival, and Wind & Willow to name only a few. See Our vast collection of garlic slicers, presses, (all sizes), mincers, peelers, choppers, roaster keepers, graters and garlic cookbooks. We truly have everything garlic! Come in to our kitchen for various cooking demos throughout the day. FREE tastes of delicious food include freshly prepared Roasted Garlic
Bruschetta, Garlic Teriyaki Chicken, SK Roasted Garlic Jam on Brie or Crème Cheese, Lemon Garlic Finishing Sauce on Mushrooms & Summer Vegetables, and BHF Zesty Garlic Dip with Pretzel Sticks. Bon Appetite!
For further information please contact Jim Holley at 860-912-6184, or Mary-Jane Cassidy at 860-912-7844, or via email at: