Munson’s Chocolates has been the featured chocolatier in Olde Mystick Village since it opened its doors in 1986. Known as Connecticut’s largest Retail Chocolate manufacturer, Munson’s is a third generation family owned business. Munson’s Chocolates was founded by Ben & Josephine Munson in 1946 and originally titled the “The Dandy Candy Company”. Their first store was located in Manchester Connecticut behind a tailor shop where they would make batches of wafers and ribbon candy from the sugar rations they received following WWII. Today, Munson’s has 10 locations and has been the proud recipient of numerous local, state and national awards for excellence including; “Best Candy”, “Best Sweet Shop” and “Best Candy Store” in Connecticut. Their extraordinary collection of hand crafted confections include; pecan caramel patties, almond toffee butter crunch, chocolate nut bark and their famous kettle cooked fudge which is made with fresh cream and butter sourced from a local dairy.
As far as COVID-19 we have followed all state of CT guidelines, please see attached logo that we have in our stores. We are open and safe for customers to shop in our stores, All Employees wear masks, additional sanitizing on top of what we already do every day, social distancing signage and graphics are in place as well as contactless sales transactions.